Roland Systems Group Releases Mac Version of Remote Control Software for Digital Snake and Personal Mixing System
We are pleased to announce the release of the Mac version of the S-4000 Remote Control Software (RCS). This new software release has the same functionality as the S-4000RCS for PC which provides the setup and control mechanism for the popular Personal Mixing and Digital Snake systems. This software enables the award-winning M-48 Personal Mixer and other Digital Snake products to be used stand-alone or with any other digital mixing console.
The S-4000 RCS software for Mac controls all the various setup, configuration and monitoring parameters of the M-48 Personal Mixing System when connected via any Digital Snake head unit or the S-MADI REAC Bridge. The S-MADI Bridge is a bi-directional signal converter between REAC and MADI that enables connectivity between MADI equipped digital audio mixers/systems to any of Roland’s REAC products.
When used with digital snake I/O units, the RCS is used to control the onboard preamp, phantom power, pad, etc. The software also enables control of Roland’s REAC Merge technology which allows up to four Digital Snake heads to be merged into a REAC stream where the master device recognizes it as single REAC slave unit. This important technology enables distribution of multiple input/output units around a location, venue or stage for flexible point-to-point configurations.
The S-4000RCS Mac Version 2.201 is available for download from this link
- The S-4000S-3208 has 32 inputs + 8 outputs and is typically installed at stage side.
- Modular rack chassis with no preinstalled In/Out modules.
- The S-4000H has 8 +4 line level inputs, 32 +4 line level outputs and redundant Ethernet connectors.
- S-1608 Digital Snake System stage unit
- S-1608 Digital Snake System front of house unit
- New possibilities in multi-channel audio distribution